- Five Reasons Why the US Should Not Veto A Palestinian State
- Published September 15, 2011 in The LA Times.
- The Fire This Time: On the meaning of 9/11 Ten Years Later
By Reza Aslan; September 9, 2011
- The Coming Showdown in Israel
By Reza Aslan; August 19, 2011
- Obama's "Weak", "Politically Correct" Counterterrorism Plan Will Make Americans Safer
By Reza Aslan; August 12, 2011
- Reza Aslan writes for Foreign Policy on how the media both overestimated and underestimated the Green Movement. Part of a the Misreading Tehran series on FP.
By Reza Aslan; July/August, 2010
- World Wanderer
By Reza Aslan; July 21, 2011
- Like It or Not, the US and Pakistan Need Each Other
By Reza Aslan; July 11, 2011
- Cairo's Protests Reverberate in Tehran
By Reza Aslan; March 11, 2011
- Backward Glances: Islamic Erotica, Then and Now
By Reza Aslan; February 17, 2011
- On Muslims, King has Reached his own Fact-less Conclusion
By Reza Aslan; February 9, 2011
- Do Egyptians Want Both Democracy and a Role for Religion in Their Government?
By Reza Aslan; January 30, 2011
- Do We Have Ahmadinejad All Wrong?
By Reza Aslan; January 13, 2011
- What will Iran look like in a decade?
By Parsi, Aslan, Jones; February 19, 2010
- The End of the Beginning: What will be the legacy of the Green Revolution?
By Trita Parsi, Reza Aslan; June 26, 2009
- Viewpoint: Reza Aslan: The Spirit of '79
By Reza Aslan; Friday, Jun. 19, 2009
- Viewpoint: Reza Aslan: Losing the 'war on terror'
May 5, 2009
- Losing the War on Terror
Published April 8, 2009 in The LA Times.
By dropping the controversial phrase, the U.S. may be redefining the contest with radical Islam.
- An Israeli Strike on Iran, a Plan That Just Doesn't Fly
Published August 10, 2008 in The Washington Post.
- Reza Aslan: A different election
By Reza Aslan; March 15, 2008
- Holy Orders
Published December 18, 2007 by Foreign Policy Magazine.
- Why Do They Hate Us?
Published August 6, 2007 on Slate Magazine.
Strange answers lie in al-Qaida's writings.
- State Belief
Published July 26, 2007 in Time Magazine.
"There is that word: Islamist. It is a word that, lately, gets tossed around almost as frequently as terrorist and is equally inflammatory and imprecise."
- American Islam
Published January, 2007 on Slate Magazine.
Will Islamic radicalism gain a foothold in America? A Conversation With Daniel Benjamin about Muslims in America.
- Truth and Power
Published December 24, 2006 in The Boston Globe.
For many Muslims today, 'interreligious dialogue' often looks suspiciously like religious coercion.
- Keep It Whole
Published November 28, 2006 in The New Republic.
The US must not allow Iraq to fracture into Sunni, Shia and Kurdish statelets.
- The Battle of the Fatwas
Published November 2005 in The Los Angeles Times.
- The War for Islam
Published September 10, 2006 in The Boston Globe.
Osama bin Laden may go down in history not only as the murderous criminal who declared holy war on the United States, but also as a radical figure in what has come to be called the Islamic Reformation -- the epic struggle to define the faith of over a billion people
- A Giant Awakes
Published June 3, 2006 in The Gaurdian.
The major powers yesterday ruled out military action against Iran, but in truth it has never been an option against the Middle East's most influential force.
- Depicting Mohammed
Posted Wednesday, February 8, 2006 on Slate Magazine.
Why I'm Offended by the Danish Cartoons of the Prophet
- A Coming Islamic Reformation
Published January 28, 2006 in The Los Angeles Times
- A Cult is Trying to Hijack Our Iran Policy
Published December 10, 2004 in The Los Angeles Times
- Islam's Democratic Past
Published December 2005 in The Los Angeles Times
- Iraq's Miracle Constitution
Published October 2005 in The Los Angeles Times
- For Iranians, It Was the Economy, Stupid
Published July 2005 in The Los Angeles Times
- Syria's Baathists Fear Evolution and Extinction
Published June 17, 2005 in The Los Angeles Times
- A Democracy of Believers
Published June, 2005 in Prospect Magazine.
Iraq should look to Israel for a model that combines democracy and religious belief.
- Aunt Kobra's Islamic Democracy
Published April 17, 2005 in the Boston Globe.
In Iran, as throughout in the Muslim world, the personal is political, and religion is always both.
- Diary of a Writer in Tehran
Posted September, 2004 on Slate Magazine.
A weeklong electronic journal kept by Reza Aslan.
- End of Days
Posted August 13, 2004 on Slate Magazine.
The Mission of Al-Sadr's Army of the Mahdi.
- In the Footsteps of Martyrs
Posted February, 2004 on Slate Magazine.
A religious procession expresses more than historical frustrations.
- Resurrecting an Ancient Library
Published September, 2002 in Poets and Writers.
The rebirth of the Biblioteca Alexandria.